Before getting started, please note the DV-2024 Lottery is the name of the DV Lottery for this year (2022). The winners of this year’s DV Lottery can go to the United States in 2024 using their new permanent residence cards.
What is DV Lottery?
Before applying for DV Lottery you should know about the DV Lottery. Each year, the US government issues 50,000 Permanent Residence Cards (often known as “green cards”) to people from other nations having low rates of immigration to the US.
In order to increase demographic diversity in the United States, the 1996 Immigration Act created the Diversity Visa (DV) Lottery. In order to be eligible for the DV Lottery this year, applicants must fulfill two requirements in particular.
The majority of people worldwide who are 18 or older are eligible to enter the DV Lottery. There are two straightforward but severe eligibility requirements that you must complete in order to participate in the DV-2024 Lottery.
The Diversity Visa Lottery is not open to natives of nations that have sent more than 50,000 immigrants to the US in the previous five years. The list of nations whose citizens are unable to participate in the DV Lottery this year can be found in the DV Lottery Requirements. Be aware that this list will alter annually.
The Complete Process of DV Lottery Entry:
- You must pass the DV Lottery test to be eligible.
- Pay the DV Lottery application processing fee.
- Get your online account username and password.
- Fill out your information by logging into your account.
- Upload or provide pictures of you and any co-applicants.
- Submit your DV Lottery entry.
- To see if you won your Green Card in the DV Lottery, go online.
You cannot participate in the DV 2024 Lottery if you were born in one of the nations listed in the following table.
- Brazil Canada
- China (Including Hong Kong SAR)
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- South Korea
- United Kingdom (except Northern Ireland)
Note: Anguilla, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Falkland Islands, Gibraltar, Montserrat, Pitcairn, St. Helena, and Turks & Caicos Islands are among the dependent territories that are part of the United Kingdom. Note that Northern Ireland-born citizens are eligible to play in the DV Lottery.
DV 2024 Entry Instructions
- Visit – https://dvprogram.state.gov/
- Now Scroll Down and Click Begin Entry.
- Enter the Authentication Code as shown on your Screen.
- Now Fill in your Complete and Correct Details on the Form. [Please read the DV Lottery Requirements and Instruction properly before filing DV Lottery.]
A major element of your visa application is your photo or digital image. To discover how your photo or digital image should seem, read over the examples below. To make sure your photo satisfies all the standards, we advise you to hire a professional photo service.
The U.S. embassy or consulate where you apply has the final say on whether to accept your photo or digital image. Please Read all the photo requirements properly before uploading a Digital Photo.
- When you are done filling out the form. Just Click Continue to Begin.
- Now re-check all the information once again and verify it. If you find any misspelled word or wrong information then you can click on “Go Back to Part 1” to make it right. If all the information provided by you is correct, then Click to Submit.
- Now Note Down or keep a copy of the Submission Confirmation Number in a safe place. To check the result of the Lottery, you must need all the details given down below.