|Term Duration:||3 years 0 months|
|Recruitment Type:||Local Recruitment|
|Required Language(s):||English and Nepali|
|Closing Date:||5/29/2023 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC|
Do you desire to develop a career that is actually valuable? You have a rare opportunity to work with the World Bank Group to solve the most serious challenges of the clients. The World Bank Group is a unique global collaboration of five organizations committed to eradicating extreme poverty, fostering shared prosperity, and advancing sustainable development. It is one of the greatest sources of finance and information for developing nations. They collaborate with public and private sector partners, invest in ground-breaking projects, and use data, research, and technology to discover answers to the most pressing global issues. They have 189 member nations and more than 120 offices globally. Visit www.worldbank.org for additional details.
A Resource Management Officer (RMO) will be assigned to BPSOS, the BPS unit serving the South Asia Region (SAR) VPU, and Operations Policy and Country Services (OPCS) VPU. Approximately $300 million of the Bank Budget and $90 million of external funds are supported by the 29 posts held by BPSOS, more than half of which are located in the field in 6 foreign offices.
Budgeting, business planning, including the integration of Trust Funds, work program agreements (WPA) and related monitoring and reporting, capital budgets, cost-efficiency measures, internal controls, process enhancements, policy guidance, and other internal client support activities in resource management (RM) are all under the purview of BPSOS. The BPSOS team at the country offices also manages security, some HR benefit programs, payments, financial reporting, cash management, and other administrative duties for the country offices.
Duties and Accountabilities:
The role will be located in Kathmandu, Nepal, and will mainly support the Operations Manager (OM) and Country Director (CD), both of whom are also based in Kathmandu.
The chosen candidate will serve as the primary BPS Business Partner for Nepal, Sri Lanka, and Maldives Country Management Unit (CMU), working independently under the supervision of the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) and general guidance of the CD and the OM, assisting its management with business planning and Work Programme Agreements (WPAs), as well as budgeting, and reporting to both the CMU and the CAO’s Office on budget execution and projections. The chosen applicant will also be in charge of overseeing internal controls, accounting procedures, and some administrative duties at the Kathmandu Office. If necessary, they may also assist other national offices.
In response to business demands and in support of their professional growth, RM personnel are expected to be flexible and to work across the BPS RM Functions over time.
Key accountabilities for this position include:
- Ensures that the anticipated deliverables and budgets are appropriately linked, that the liquidity balances in the country offices are at optimal levels, and that exception reports are routinely checked with corrective action being taken as necessary.
- Collaborates together with the CMU Management Team to oversee and coordinate the creation of Work Programme Agreements (WPA), budgets (BB, TF, and other cost-share/revenue sources), and the creation of capital budget plans in the event that country offices need to be moved or renovated.
- Gathers and analyses expenses at the CMU/country office, evaluating efficacy and efficiency and providing improvement options as necessary. They also compare the pricing of service suppliers, constantly looking for the greatest value.
- Supports the Country Director, Operation Manager, and staff members access management reports that are stored in the Bank’s information systems.
Human Resources Management:
- Offers management with advice and feedback on staff planning and strategic workforce planning initiatives.
- As required, offers HR assistance with benefit administration-related issues (such as financial aid, salary costing, etc.).
- When necessary, communicates with the HR team about human resource concerns that might have an impact on the budget.
- A master’s degree in accounting, business, finance, or another comparable field is needed to meet the criteria for particular employment (e.g., public administration, economics, etc.). OR A Bachelor’s Degree AND A Professional Accounting Qualification That Is Recognised Internationally (Like a CPA, CA, ACCA, or CGMA).
- Five years at least in the relevant field.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
Comprehensive benefits are provided by the World Bank Group, including a retirement plan, health, life, and disability insurance, paid time off, parental leave, and appropriate accommodations for those with impairments.
With a motivated and dedicated team, we take pride in being an equal opportunity and inclusive company that does not discriminate on the basis of gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disabilities.